Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Warm Bubble Bath

The more I counted all of my "wrongs" yesterday, the more I thought what I needed was a warm bubble bath. I was right. Funny how it can make everything seem a little less edgy. I didn't get to finish my bubble bath though, because a couple came by wanting to buy two goats. That was a good reason for me to get out of the tub! The woman is to come by this morning and pay me, and then get the goats on Saturday evening. They are a Mother's Day present! Don't worry, Mom and Mom-in-Law, you aren't getting goats. I am very ready to sell the little buggers. They get out more than they stay in, and they have ruined my grapevine. Yesterday they were in the flower bed eating all of the mint. They should have good breath for their new owners. --------- Our "Fun of the Cup" is a little different this summer. Normally we make a list of things that are fun to do and put them in a cup. Then we pick one a week for the summer. I looked at the calendar and told the boys there is so much going on this summer, that they would have to put the list on the calendar instead. We don't do things when there are other fun things scheduled, so it turned out that there were only three weeks that they could put a "Fun of the Cup" event! So last night was their first: watch movies and sleep in the livingroom. This has been one of their favorites for years, but I think #1 is growing out of the couch. He went to his bed. The other things they picked for the summer were to have friends over for a campfire, which is scheduled for next week, and to take friends to the beach, which is scheduled for the end of June. Then school starts July first. Summer gone. Whew that went fast!!! -------- Part of my annoyances yesterday was that a drywaller showed up to give an estimate. He was very negative about how hard the job would be, yada, yada, yada. He didn't give me the estimate, but will call. I am certain we will go with someone else. I think he is too much of a perfectionist and the job would cost my life savings. I looked at pictures of a floor last night. The guy who is doing our floor won first place in a contest here last week. The floor he did was absolutely beautiful. There were lots of patterns, turns, and designs in the wood. I asked him if he could redo our floor upstairs to look like that. It was $17,000 just for the floor!!!! Guess we'll stick to Plain Jane.

No comments: