Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sigh

This is my baby being baptized. The pictures were taken on a phone. Our regular camera lady was out of town, and of course I don't travel with my camera! I didn't even have my own phone there that day. Thanks to Ben for thinking fast and grabbing a few shots.
-----------
I went to court today. Sigh. Back in March I received a speeding ticket. I openly admit I was speeding; I just didn't know it at the time. I honestly thought the limit was 55 mph, and I was going 50. The officer told me if I had been going in the oppposite direction I would have been fine, but the direction I was headed is 35 mph. I was told to go to the DA's office to take care of it or to go to court today.
I went a couple of weeks ago to the DA's office to ask for Prayer for Judgment- a strange concept here in NC that if you have a good record- which I do- then the judge says a prayer for you and that is that. At the DA's office they told me I have to go to court to ask for that, and that I should get a copy of my driving record from my insurance agent. So I called the agent, picked up a copy, and headed to court this morning.
First of all, they tell you the court house is on Main St. There is no Main St. in the tiny town that I had to appear in, nor is there a court house. It was on Third St (I was told later that everyone just calls it Main) and it was in the Town Hall. Things just went downhill from there. I didn't know where to go, what to do, my copy wasn't official, turn here, go there...it was awful.
I don't want to talk about it anymore, just suffice it to say, I paid $131 for getting caught in a trap. Deep Sigh. ----------
The morning only made the day seem worse. I told friends this afternoon that I could just sit and cry. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. I heard a tornado is headed for my house. That would be the expected ending for today. I am tired of the house project, of 4-H projects, of contemplating school, of dealing with children, of losing things, of most things. Sunday #1 said, "Summer vacation isn't turning out like I expected." "What did you expect?" I asked. "I thought it would be a lot more fun." I guess we are all sighing.
Don't feel sorry for the boy. He is headed to his grandparents for 2 weeks at the end of the month, and then a trip to Gatlinburg before a few days at camp. His fun will happen; it's just going to come a little slower than he wanted. I am hoping the same for myself.

No comments: