Sunday, May 03, 2009

God's Child

Always I have known that my children belong to the Lord, but today my baby made the decision himself to join Christ's Family. I was teaching Sunday School for #2's age group, and during class he told me he wanted to be baptized. We weren't discussing baptism in class, so it was a surprise to me. He said he wore waterproof pants (nylon) so that he could be baptized today. I told him he wouldn't be wearing his pants. What a Happy Day!!!! He called his grandparents before we started, to let them know what was happening. I had my feet in the water while he went under. I told him in the dressing room that I was going to cry, but that it was just tears of happiness. He said that was ok as long as I didn't cry too loudly so that everyone could hear me. I think I did ok. His dad did the baptizing, and we asked the church to join us on the stage. My poor baby was shaking like a leaf. He said it was cold water, but my feet were fine. I think it was nerves. Again, What A Happy Day!!! No one had a camera, but a friend took a picture on his phone. I hope it turns out well.

1 comment:

AnneConover said...

I posted pictures on the GCOC group page on Facebook!