Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Day Off

The "Mudders" came yesterday, and will be back on Friday to sand. So that means I have today off of house stuff. Well, that is what it would mean if someone hadn't run over the drain field pipe to the septic system. So today I wait at home for the septic repair man to come and hand me another bill. I am very much hoping he gets here before I see septic inside the house. There was an odor yesterday, so I don't know how close we are to that happening. Above is a picture of #2's bedroom. It is looking from the far northeast corner towards the family room. This room had lots of issues with the ceiling. Painting is going to be tricky, but I can do it. The picture below is the repair job on the hallway ceiling. I really didn't think it could be done, but they did an excellent job.
The boys gave their presentations yesterday evening for the County Judges. #1 did a Public Speaking presentation on Basketball. #2 gave a demonstration in the Environmental Education category on Wildfires. Both boys did well. They should go to District competition at the end of June.
Below is #2 presenting his state project to the County 4-H Extension Agent. He wrote a coloring book about birds to be given to kids who do the Birds Project. Now we have to write up all of what they did and how it impacted them so that the project records can be sent in. Yeah, I thought it was summer break too.

No comments: