Saturday, May 02, 2009

One Room At A Time

Harris Teeter had triple coupons again this week. I went twice looking for the free tortilla chips, but evidently HT in our area doesn't carry Grande brand. I did manage some multigrain tortilla chips for 75 cents though. The applesauce was in 6 packs and cost about 87 cents each. I thought they would be good for this summer's trips and picnics. 4 pounds of rice were free, as well as Kraft dressing, Ortega beans, Big Red gum, and mandarin oranges. I think I paid less than $15 for this group of items. I did have to buy milk and juice, so the exact amount isn't calculated yet.
This bunch was fun, too. 6 packs of rice for free, 4 Glass Plus free, Tetley tea and croutons free, even Hormel microwave meal free! The toilet paper was the most expensive at 2.24 for the big rolls. The cheese was 1.49, not bad in my opinion. This total was $14 and change.
This is not free! This is my expensive son sitting on our nearing-completion expensive staircase. -------------
I went to breakfast with some friends today. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy each others' company. We used to visit every week, but our schedules have changed and we have missed each other. Afterward, we made a call on another friend who was having a breakdown. I can't pass along all that happened or was said, but it was a long morning.
I came home to clean my kitchen. I am taking the house "One Room At a Time." The kitchen is going to take a couple of days at least. I decided to paint the inside of the cupboards where the paint was peeling and chipping. I have wanted to do it for years now, but I guess it wasn't a priority. I had to touch up paint other parts of the kitchen from where we removed the only outlet power strip that was bolted to the wall. So while the paint was out...
Now I am washing out cupboards. I still need to wash the walls and outside of the cupboards, and really, really need to mop the floor. Of course there is cleaning out the oven and trash can and refrigerator...better not to think too hard about it.
The following picture is my concession to a deranged husband. He has nightmares that he will need a drink, a really huge, outrageous amount of fluid, and won't be able to find a cup to put it in. So we keep large cups that he gets at different events. I counted 9 huge cups in my cabinet. It doesn't matter that he didn't know they were there, or that he hasn't drank from them in years. What matters is that they are there for when our diabetic, dying of thirst friends come to visit. He's so thoughtful, that husband of mine. That's why I keep him around.
Thirsty, Anyone?

No comments: