Friday, September 08, 2006

Baby Lydia was born this morning at 6:52, weighing 8 pounds and 5 ounces and measuring 21 inches. Mother and child are fine. I am an aunt again. I looked at the moon last night and thought it might be the night. _________________________ The boys went on a field trip yesterday to make pottery. They had a wonderful time, but I think the most fun for them was riding in a motor boat. The pottery class was at a friend's grandmother's house and the grandfather took them out on the lake. _________________________ My spiritual exercise this week is to pray without asking for anything. I thought it might be difficult, but didn't realize HOW difficult. I can't even ask for the safety of my children as they drive on the highway far from home. But it has made me look at life from a different perspective. I am praising and thanking God a lot more. Instead of asking for His protection of my children, I thanked Him for friends that I trust to take my children, for opportunities like pottery and boating, and then thankfulness for a safe return. It makes me see that God knows what I need before I ask and that He is the Giver of All Gifts. I already knew it, but it makes me much more aware of it.

No comments: