Monday, September 18, 2006

I got a 15 minute late start this morning and now the whole morning is behind schedule. Here are several thoughts I have had lately. _____________________________ My younger son has wanted a certain jacket ever since his brother got one last year. Finally, Friday we went to get one for him. He wants it hung in his room, not on the coat rack with other coats, and if it isn't hanging in his room, it is on his body. Even though it isn't cold enough to wear it, he wants to. It makes him feel good. I don't know that I have wanted anything so badly that then I spent the next week using it or wearing it constantly. The simple life of a child. _____________________________ This is the most spidery place I have ever lived. The house and barn are full of different kind of spiders. The garden, as well, is covered. But yesterday evening, as the sun set, my husband pointed out a horrible thing to me. The sun was going down over the yard and you could see through its glint that the whole yard, THE WHOLE YARD!, is covered with strings of webbing. ______________________________ Boys are clueless. #1 wiped his chicken poop covered foot all over the rug to clean it off. Why not clean it in the hose!? ______________________________ How do people live on one income if the wife wants to stay home? I have tried to think of what we could change and there are some things we would have to do without, but it would be a sacrifice for sure. No DSL, no cell phone, no new windows or heater, a much more used van, less travel. But when I look at that list, it does seem worth it to have these years with my family. ______________________________ I talked with my uncle last night in CA. He is going to sell us a heater at a much better price than I can get here. Anyway, as we talked he told me an interesting chicken story. He took some chickens to auction yesterday and it was 30 degrees out. (Yes, in CA!) By the time he got to the auction 2 of the little banties had died from the cold. He gathered the other chickens and took them in to the sale. When he came back out- to a warmer day- the chickens that had frozen to death had come back to life!

No comments: