Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sunday's sermon series now is on the will of God. I don't know exactly where I stand on the will of God. I do think God is still active in the comings and goings on of the world- he has not just sat back and let things happen. And yet, I don't think He has made everything happen that has happened. He can answer a prayer, but is it the will of God or is it the kindness of a Father granting his child's desire? Our older son was born with a strawberry birthmark on his chest that looked like a heart, sort of like the Care Bear's heart. The doctor pointed it out to me, so it wasn't just the fancyof a parent. I always wondered if that was God's way of saying here is a gift of love from your Father (we weren't to be able to have children) or was it a sign that God had marked my child for something special? I have a strong feeling that my husband's role in the Kingdom is to unite Christ's followers. I can say that I think that is God's will, but does everything that happens to us mean then that it is God's will, preparing my husband for the time when he will fulfill that role? Does God just use the things that happen to us to help prepare us for what His will is for us? Lots of questions, not many answers. __________________________ Also Sunday, as I went to help with communion, I caught my husband checking me out! It was a nice feeling, after nearly 17 years he still thinks I am worthy of a twice over.

No comments: