Monday, September 25, 2006

Commitment. It is a strong word. It can be positive or negative. You can be committed to marriage or to an insane asylum. You can have commitment to a group or to ideas. Being healthy takes commitment to exercise and diet. Commitment is talked about all around us. But it doesn't make the job of committing any easier. College students who don't want to commit to living a godly life, just yet. People who don't want to commit to marriage, just yet. I'll commit to exercising after the New Year. Pencil me in, but I can't commit. I am committed to being in this marriage for life. I am committed to love my children, regardless. I am committed to God, no matter what he asks or where he sends. That is a lot to say, and it isn't said flippantly, but knowing that I am committed, and letting others know, somehow makes the commitment easier. Tell those you love your commitments today.

No comments: