Sunday, September 03, 2006

I cleaned out the chicken coop and goat pen today. The rain from Ernesto had soaked everything and created quite a stench. It resulted in the trees and bushes and grapevines being fed so I guess it was a good stench! I love working outside and wish I get to do it more. Actually I should say I like being outside. I like to stop and take a break to watch everything. Here are the sites for today. Yellow butterflies swirled about my face and head twice today! Elvis running and jumping through the field until he was too tired to stand, then falling over in grass that is so tall he was hidden. When Millie called for him it took quite an effort for him to obey. Goldie, one of my hens, always sits in the nest box as I try to clean out the coop. Then when I finally have to move her she throws such a fit the entire flock goes berzerk. She is quite a personality. The there is the dog, Kelly, who has to have her nose in everything- including the manure- and keep everyone in line. I let Gimpy, the rabbit, back in with her mother and 2 new sisters yesterday. They were all lying together this afternoon, seeming to enjoy the quiet Sunday afternoon. It was a good day. -------------------------------------------- OK, it happened today. I was teaching the elementary Bible class, reviewing the books of the Bible and we realized that I say Song of Solomon but the Bible says Song of Songs. So that intrigued son #1 and now he is reading it. He says it reminds him of Romeo and Juliet- I didn't know he even knew what that story is! Anyway, now he wants to tell a girl that she has hair like a herd of goats. At least THAT is what he picked up on! I told his father he is going to have to have that talk a little sooner than planned.

No comments: