Friday, September 01, 2006

This parenting thing requires a lot of prayer. Just when you think you figure out your children and what works with them, they go through some life change and you have to start all over. It is hard to believe we are halfway "done" with the first one! They have grown a lot physically this summer, I know, but they have grown in so many other ways as well. The storm is dying down here. Once the eye of Ernesto went over us I went out to check on the livestock. They are damp- ok soaked- but all seem to be fine. Now we are having wind but the rain, thankfully, is ending. The road in front of our house is flooded and down to one lane or less. I don't even want to think about what it looks like under the house. When I went out to check on things the water was up to my ankles all around the house. Guess the drought is over.

No comments: