Saturday, September 02, 2006

The rains came down and the floods went up, but the house of brick stood firm....The sun is peeking out this morning after the terror of Ernesto. I imagine there will be flooding for a few days yet, as he moves north and drops more rain. Our road is back to 2 lanes though, and the yard is looking much better as well. The animals survived just fine and we had a nice day getting work done at home. Yesterday a woman came over to pick up her spelt. My husband had picked it up for her in Raleigh a couple weeks ago and she was coming to get it. I had never met her before, but she has goats and chickens, so I was happy to talk with her. I found out that maybe the reason the goat milk tasted bad is that she is still producing colostrum, and will for a couple weeks. Also Millie is an Alpine goat and their milk is strong. This lady suggested putting a teaspoon of vanilla in the milk, that helps some people, she said. I worked ALL DAY yesterday on a presentation for the kids' geography co-op for this Tuesday. I learned so much about the Pacific and Southcentral states. I also learned a lot about power point! Did you know it even snows in Hawaii?! -Don't tell the kids, it is a question in the presentation.

1 comment:

Frank Bellizzi said...

Angel,

I got to your blog by way of Chris's (I THINK Chris is his name; the guy who's recently gone vegetarian).

Anyway, I gathered from your comment and from what I've seen in your blog that you are a Christian and are of Native American descent, yes?

This intrigues me very much because, as a teacher in a World Religions course, I'm trying to do a better job of understanding and teaching the unit on "Native American Religion."

If you come by my blog, you'll see a button on the right, among others, that says, "Email me." If you wanted to, it would help me out tremendously if you could tell me a little more of your story (or maybe better, blog it) and also point me to helpful websites that you know about.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Frank Bellizzi
Amarillo, Texas