Thursday, September 14, 2006

A friend was telling me how stressed and frustrated she has been this week. She thought it was because she needs a break and had a taste of one over the weekend. She needed some fun to relieve the stress. I was telling her that I often feel that way, but lately I have been getting more of a break by staying home and enjoying the slowness of a quiet life. I started thinking about a time, years ago, when I decided to read the Bible every day and get through it in a year. It took 6 months for it to become a habit- something I missed if I didn't get to it. It has also taken me about 9 months now to become aware of how the quiet life helps me. Habits take a lot longer for me than the statistics say. ___________________________ I am finally getting milk out of Millie that is worth keeping. She is also starting to produce enough that it may be worth my getting up to milk her. I don't think she will ever supply our family with milk, but we should be able to get by with buying half of what we did. Now if she would just settle down- STUBBORN! To get that goat in a stanchion for milking is a morning workout all its own.

No comments: