Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. We had a nice dinner at the local Japanese Steakhouse and then got a sitter to watch the kids while we went to a movie. It was a free preview movie. It's a Christian movie and was offered to pastors and their families as a free date night. They will be opening this month in the area. I have to say I didn't enjoy it enough to want to pay movie prices for it. There were some scenes that were obviously wrong, there was an actor that was over-acting, and it was unbelievable in its Christian conversations. I just read a book that was a christian romance. I felt the same about the book. I wonder why flagrantly christian books and movies annoy me? I know nobody talks this way, and I like my entertainment to be believable. (Therefore, I DON'T like James Bond movies!) Why can't we have good, clean, pure entertainment that isn't annoying?

No comments: