Thursday, June 26, 2008

I haven't told you about the goats lately. They are such sweet little things. Faye, the one that gets milked, always looks happy. She has a bit of a grin to her face. Mary still stays far away from me, though if I have some feed in my hand she will gingerly eat that. I think she still has nightmares about being milked. Milky Way is a good mom, and I think she will be a good milker. I will start her in a couple of weeks. Darkie is her normal bossy self; she needs to be sold! But the babies, now that is the fun part of goats! I have to put Emma away at night so she won't nurse Faye and leave me no milk. She has a round belly and is sweet like her mother. She likes to be held, but not at evening when she knows she will be put in the chicken coop for the night. Madison is much friendlier than her mother Mary. If I don't put her away at night she will climb all over me while I milk Faye. She likes to get in my lap and waits for me to pet her. If I am busy, say milking, she will chew on my elbow until I have to pet her or push her off. She was chewing on my hair a couple of days ago. Ashten, her sister, is more the temperament of her mother and stays away from me for the most part. But if I don't bother Madison while I am milking, then Ashten will sneak over and try to chew on my boots. Oreo is Milky Way's baby and the youngest of the lot. He likes to stick his head in the joint of my leg and push with his head while I try to milk. Yes, all of this is going on while I try to milk. Throw in a barking dog, an angry goat who is not being fed, and roosters chasing hens and it is quite a three ring circus here every morning! I love it! ------- The dishwasher is running and I can barely hear it!!! Still happy about that purchase.

No comments: