Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Since the company was here so late last night, I didn't get the goat put away until well after 9:00. So I was planning on staying in bed a little later today. It is a luxury I don't often get. I enjoyed sleeping as long as I wanted and then lying in bed a while longer. That sort of put me in the mood to have a day off, so I went for it. I took the boys to the free movie, Firehouse Dog, to the library, and then to the pool. Then I came home and took a nap. After dinner together we all played UNO, and now the guys are watching Hoosiers while I take a little time for myself. I have been conscious of the time my family spends together lately. A terrible tragedy here in the community has shaken me up a bit. A child was abused and died at the hands of his father and stepmother. I know the stepmother. Sunday as we ran errands, #2 picked up a paper and read about it on the front page. I had been trying to shield the kids from it. They actually handled it better than I thought they would. A friend of mine also was telling me of a young lady who died last week after giving birth to a son. She was unmarried and so it is uncertain what will happen to the baby. Again it makes me grateful to have my children and husband nearby and safe. Today at the movie I just had to reach out and pat #1 on the arm while I held #2 on my lap. Next week we will go on a vacation with our two families (parents) and my brother-in-law's family. God certainly blessed me greatly when he gave me such a wonderful family. I hope I don't take it too much for granted.

No comments: