Monday, June 23, 2008

I need my weekends. I can't function well when my home is in turmoil, and it takes the weekends to get it straightened enough to get through a week. Weekend before last was spent in Charlotte, and then this past weekend we had a beach trip planed with our church. We went to Atlantic Beach and it rained the whole time. When would you ever see adults sitting in a lawn chair in the rain? At the beach. We stayed an hour and a half, and then went to lunch to see if it might stop while we did that. No. So we came on back home. I spent the rest of the day finishing the job in the living room. I had put a coat of paint on Friday on the spots I was patching, but it didn't quite match. I found some paint from the original paint job, and painted over it with that on Saturday. Yoo Hoo! It still was good. Then yesterday I had to do some things to keep up too. I really try not to work on Sundays so that I have a day of rest, but like I said...I need my weekends. My van had a horrible smell after the beach trip, and when we started out for church Sunday morning it smelled like something had died in there--even from far away! So I cleaned out the van, couldn't find anything, and let it air out. Then the boys and I ran errands. Another thing I try not to do on Sundays, but you know. So here it is Monday and I still don't have the house straightened up. It looks to be a flustered week. But good news that shoud help...The dishwasher arrives this morning!

No comments: