Monday, June 23, 2008

We had company over this evening for dinner and a visit. It was good to talk with people and get to know them better. They left about 9:30 and then I needed to finish cleaning up the kitchen. The boys had started cleaning it up, but they haven't quite perfected the fine art of cleaning just yet. Anyway I wanted to try out the new dishwasher and it worked great. It is very quiet, and I put it on a certain wash cycle that lasts 29 minutes, and YES they were clean! So it is quiet and energy efficient, plus I don't have to do it all by hand. I heard back from my interview. They decided against hiring me. I am very qualified, they just didn't think I "fit." I called the headmaster back and asked him what that really means. He said the staff didn't think I would be able to keep up the pace. Ok all of you can breathe again. I know that was shocking. Maybe I should point them to my blog to see what kind of a pace I can keep! Personally I think it was that they didn't think I could home school and teach. Hubby and I had worked out a schedule and felt confident in our system, but they weren't going for it. I was quite angry about it at first. In truth, I still am. But I was letting this be a God thing and if it doesn't work out then I guess they don't listen to God or I don't hear very well. Either way I suppose it isn't meant to be. #2 was relieved that I didn't get the job...until he found out that the new bedroom will have to be put on hold indefinitely!

No comments: