Friday, August 15, 2008

#1 calls Fridays "flop days." I'm not sure where he got that term, but we are all looking forward to this flop day. School is basically hand activities on Friday...knitting, sewing, cooking, cleaning, a few 4-H projects and putting together a presentation for geography co-op, but they find that fun. Last night #1 came in and asked, "Do we have plans to go anywhere tomorrow?" "No," I emphatically said. "Good," he replied just as emphatically. We are tired of being gone. Swimming lessons finished yesterday, and the boys did well. They passed everything they were supposed to, and I can see an improvement in their strokes. There is a swim club, and #2 might be interested, but I'm not planning to push it. Running around is already making us drag. There are just so many good things to be involved in around here. Art at the University, 4-H, co-ops, speech and debate, theater, sports, and on and on. We just can't do it all. ------------ Yesterday I was milking when I saw Sam spray his face with urine. It is what billies do to attract females. After he did it, he looked at me and pulled his lips back like he was sheepishly smiling, showing his teeth. It was a look of, "Yes, I know I am handsome. But why in the world did I just pee on my face?"

No comments: