Thursday, August 07, 2008

Today's wisdom: Never assign more than you are willing to grade. School, along with all of the activities, is taking a lot of my time. I am feeling a little ragged. It couldn't be helped though. Swimming lessons come in two week increments. The lessons are going well. I had to talk to #1 about his attitude, but now he is fine. He didn't want lessons, thinking that he is a great swimmer without lessons. He was wrong, and it didn't go over well. Anyway, yesterday they were practicing treading water with 10 pound bricks. They had to stay up for 30 seconds. #2 couldn't even make 5 seconds! He is so skinny that the brick just pulled him under as soon as he picked it up! He did keep trying though; he is very tenacious. Today we add square dancing to the mix of activities. #1 asked if he could have lessons. We danced at the tavern in VA and he really liked it. I hope he has a good time. We have 3 squares set up; that is 24 children! ----- I took Oreo and Jameson to the stock sale yesterday. I pulled up in the van and asked where I should go because I had two goats to sell. The man looked at me sort of dumbfounded and then looked in the back of the van. He kind of grinned and then directed me. I guess he hadn't heard about the local hillbillies. The sale is today and I won't be there. I hope they sell well. ----- I stayed up late last night and I am sure I will regret it later today, but I couldn't help myself. I was knitting, just a row, when my eyes started crossing. So I went to bed, but decided to read a chapter out of a book a friend loaned me last night at church. It is called Ten Thousand Suns, a novel about Afghanistan. The next thing I knew I was starting chapter 12!!! So I put it down and fell right to sleep.

No comments: