Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It rained yesterday. That is a wonderful thing, and everyone was happy. Except the goats. Goats do NOT like to get wet, and rain is their least favorite weather. We may enjoy a rainy day to curl up with a book, but goats don't read and walks in the rain are not romantic when the guy pees on his face. So I went out last evening to milk, and of course three of the goats were in the pen that I needed to milk in. Darkie is probably over 150 pounds, and she was not going to budge. I pulled, I pushed, I yelled, I smacked her with a shovel, but she absolutely refused to leave that pen. It is about 10 steps to the next covered area, so I wasn't asking a lot, but she said no. Hubby came out to tell me goodbye (the guys were going out together), and saw my dilemma. So he pulled and pushed, and finally she came out, running wildly for shelter. That left Sam and Milky Way still in the pen with Faye, who gets milked first. I put a barrel up next to the stanchion so they couldn't get to the feed, and started milking. Milky Way tipped the bucket over and the lid flew off, Sam chewed on my arm, chickens were running everywhere...it was a madhouse! So by the time I got back to the house, my goal of getting to the gym was past my limits. I made some hot tea and stayed in for the night. I had been wanting to watch Obama and McCain be interviewed by Rick Warren, so I watched that online. CNN was the network to carry it. It is in 4 parts if you want to watch. I enjoyed this style so much more than the open debates. It was relaxing, and I felt like I got to know them better. Both men are good speakers and have high ideals. Watch it and see what you think.

No comments: