Monday, August 11, 2008

I was milking this morning when I had a goat land in my lap. Sam, the last of the billies, is now out with the big girls and the little girls are penned up. Sam is small enough to get through the fence where I milk, so he is always in there with me. He really wanted some of the corn this morning, and I was doing all kind of stretches to keep him out of the feed box. He decided to climb the barrel across from the milking stanchion, and look at the world from that angle. He often does that and I didn't think anything of it. All of a sudden, he took one leap, bounded off the ground, and landed in my lap to try and get the feed behind me. We were both surprised; I by his presence, and him by my strength at slapping him off the stanchion. He didn't try it again. ---------- I picked tomatoes last evening and came out with quite a lot, so I will be canning today. Along with school and swimming lessons, dinner guests tonight, and preparing for tomorrow's co-op, it will be a busy day. ---------- I love living here. I have said it many times, I know. But there are about two months when I don't like living here, and that would be July and August. The last couple of days, however, have been a breath of fresh air and a bit of relief from the heat and humidity. Tonight it is to be in the low 60s! I think we will air out the house. I love sleeping with windows open.

No comments: