Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday starts laundry all over again. I don't do much laundry on the weekends, but save it for the weekdays. #1 washes brights on Mondays, and #2 washes darks on Wednesdays. I do everything else on all of the other days. I thought a list of the things I find in the laundry might be interesting. Some days, oh those glorious days, I get paid to do the laundry. I will find change in the washer, and sometimes even a dollar bill. I think the laundry fairy leaves it for me, and I say thank you every time. Other days it is candy, or just the wrappers. I don't mind finding those, but finding candy and wrappers separately makes a sticky mess. Last week I washed all of the boys' bed things. I found bandaids that day. They were loose, some in the wrappers, and some, would you believe?, attached to the comforter. That was a mess to get off, and the boys noticed the brown stuff stuck to their covers. They didn't say anything more when I told them what it was. Probably the most common thing to find in the laundry here is sharks' teeth. The kids find them everywhere; remember we are near the shore and were once under water a long time ago. Last week when I spring cleaned the pantry/laundry room there were LOTS of shark teeth under the washer and dryer. Today I have only found sand from our beach trip this weekend. I'm off to hang another load, hoping that the fairy has left me a tip!

No comments: