Saturday, August 02, 2008

You probably guessed I have been busy or out of town. It is the latter. Hubby's cousin was getting married in Myrtle Beach this week and we went down for a couple of days to be with them. The groom is the cousin. The bride seems to be very flexible and good-natured. The weather for the week was gorgeous, except for the three or so hours of the wedding and reception. It was held on the beach and the wind was so bad we were being sandblasted. Her remark at the reception was, "I don't know why anyone would get married in a building. Everyone should get married outside. This is so much fun!" She won't be disappointed in life with that attitude. The boys and I stayed an extra day with my in-laws and enjoyed the beach and the Dixie Stampede. Then on Thursday they drove us up to Topsail Island to meet our 4-H club for a field trip. We went to a WW2 museum, a turtle rehab hospital, and had time to play on the beach. It always surprises me what was going on in NC during WW2. It's nothing I learned in school, that's for sure. Yesterday the boys and I tried to recover from the trip by picking blueberries. We had tried to go on Monday and the farm was closed. So we headed back yesterday. We picked for about an hour and a half in the morning and then I went back in the evening for an hour and a half. We ended up with 19 1/2 pounds. That should be enough in the freezer to keep us for the year. At a dollar a pound you just can't beat it. Now today the real world sets in. I have to catch up on everything I missed for the week.

No comments: