Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sunday we were going to take some college girls out for dinner. I told the boys they had two options. They could either go with us, or they could go to another friend's house to swim. If they went with us, however, they needed to not run the conversation. This was to be a time to get to know them. So it would be ok if they talked, but they should ask questions about the girls and be interested in them. #1 said he would go with the swimming option, "I like to talk and I'm afraid I might mess things up for you." Yes indeed, he does like to talk. --------- #2 and his buddy are building a "secret place" in our ditch. They spent all afternoon and evening on it yesterday. They ended up with brier scratches and other scrapes, but had a great time. I think he slept well last night. ------- Today in co-op we are studying the waterways of Asia. The foods we are taking to sample sound interesting (I am trying to be kind and positive here). We are taking sushi from the Sea of Japan, and spaghetti with olives and anchovies from the Black Sea. I heard another mother say they were bringing lamb meatballs in prune soup. hmm. The kids will have to be adventurous today.

No comments: