Friday, August 08, 2008

Edit for yesterday...the book I am reading is A Thousand Splendid Suns. I read another 12 chapters last night. It is about how women in Afghanistan view what is going on in their country. It starts in the 1970s and I am into the 1990s now. --------- We will be watching the Olympic opening ceremonies tonight. The boys checked out a book at the library on the Olympics, and we are starting our geography co-op on Asia next week. We are getting prepared in our own way for the Olympics. --------- Square dancing was fun. The kids had a hard time understanding what the caller on the cd was saying, but they picked up on the terms quickly. We have two squares going. Somehow I counted wrong when I said 3 squares. -------- I am milking twice a day now. I get about half a gallon a day. Is it worth it? I figure I come out even based on what I spend on feed versus what I save not buying milk. So if you truly want to be breaking even then no it isn't since I don't count labor. Fresh milk is worth it to me though. I am thinking about freezing it, so when the goats are done being milked I will still have some. The other option is to make cheese. Right now I need to can some tomatoes, so cheese making is not looking like it will happen.

No comments: