Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sometimes my kids tear my heart out. A couple of weeks ago, #1 said, "How long have we lived here?" "About 4 years," I replied. He responded, "I don't know why, but I feel sad." He was washing dishes, and gave a little sigh. Then today at the pool, he asked, "Is the church about to run out of money?" "Not that I know of." "Will they run out of money soon?" "I hope not. Why do you ask?" "Well, we have been here about four years, and we never live anywhere more than 4 years. Since the last place ran out of money for Dad..." How long as he been thinking about this? The poor little guy; he has such a sensitive heart. I asked him if he wanted to move, and he answered, "No. I never want to move." His face looked so sad and brave at the same time. It makes me tear up even now.

No comments: