Thursday, August 28, 2008

I finished up the milking this morning and walked around the side of the barn. I heard a loud electronic buzzing, and it sounded like it was coming from the chickens. The duck was looking right at me and I wondered how he was making that noise. I knew he couldn't be making it, so I kept walking. I thought maybe it was the electric line, and I was getting scared. It really should not make a hum that loud. I kept walking and then realized it was the septic system alarm. It is very loud. Hubby said he had been walking around the house trying to figure out where the hum was coming from. Was it the waxer, the refrigerator, the light, the electrical outlet? He was getting worried thinking there might be an electrical fire in the walls, when I showed up asking how to turn off the alarm. So I called a place to come pump the system. After I gave my address, the lady asked, "Is that this side of the river?" I said, "I don't know. Where are you?" How can I answer a question like that? Do you know how many rivers are in East Carolina? Crazy. -------- Geography co-op was a hit again this week. There are 17 kids involved, and they all had presentations. The students were so patient, and stayed focused for all of it. The region this time was the Middle East. The mother presenting region material was talking about how much petroleum is in the area. She brought a bag with all kind of articles that are petroleum based, to show us that it isn't just gasoline. She had toothpaste, shampoo, soap, combs, toys, eye glasses, and more. I thought for sure the boys would pick up on that and refuse to wash or brush their teeth, but they haven't said anything. However, their dad took them out for dinner Tuesday and asked how co-op went. #2 said, "Eye glasses are made out of petroleum. So you have petroleum, and #1 has petroleum. Petroleum. The new accessory." What a nut.

No comments: