Saturday, June 16, 2007

The boys are back. #2 came back yesterday morning and #1 in the afternoon. They both had a good time, and I think they did some of the same activities. #1 went to Space Camp with 4-H and #2 went to Astronomy Camp with a museum. I noticed #1 came back with a shirt that had NASA on it, so perhaps it is a curriculum developed by NASA. My father-in-law jokingly asked what makes the boys think they are on vacation. That sounded like school to him. I guess we tricked them into learning something. I did manage to get one room painted, and some other places nearly done. Today I am working on the garden. The weeds have been thriving now that I am watering the garden a few times a week. We really need rain, watering just doesn't seem to give the same nutrition that rain does. The melon type products are doing well; they seem to thrive in the soil here...pumpkin, cucumber, watermelon, squash. I even have some coming up from last year! I might get green beans this year too. It has always been too wet for them, but we raised the soil level and we are having a drought, so they are doing ok. I need to spray them for bugs though. I read about using a garlic solution to deter bugs organically and plan to try that. --------- I talked with a friend yesterday about a mutual friend. We just don't understand the thought processes there. She is willing to let her children suffer in order to appease the husband. The daughter has spoken of suicide because she knows no one would miss her, and it appears to be true. I have never been mistreated by my husband, nor my father, so I don't know what goes through the heads of women who are, but getting out of it would be high on my priority list I am pretty sure.

No comments: