Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I just got back from taking the kids to the dollar movie. It is Flushed Away this week. I didn't see it when it came out and I liked it. The slugs are the best part- singing music from long ago (my childhood years) to set the mood. Yesterday was a wonderful day. It was the last day to have my extra kids for about 6 weeks, so I took them to the state park to swim. I had never been there so I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but it was really nice. The kids asked to stay there forever, and that they wished it was France (where they are going for a month or so). The water was never too deep for any of them and there was lots of room to play in the water. The beach was great sand and they had a wonderful time digging and building in it. There were huge old trees draped in spanish moss that hung over the water, so we were in the shade most of the day. They played in the roots of the tree pretending all sorts of things. We found crabs, jellyfish, sea horses, clams and fish. #2 cracked open the clam and we all looked inside at the "guts." Everyone asked to go back again. I am certain that we will. I kept thinking the author of Last Child in the Woods would love this place. Tomorrow we plan to go to the ocean. We have tried several times this summer and haven't been able to work it out. I was discussing it with hubby last night and saying it didn't look like we will get to go this week either and he commented that it is such a shame to be this close to the ocean and never find time to go. So we decided to put in some extra time today and try hard to go tomorrow. We won't stay long, but I feel so rejuvenated by going to the shore.

No comments: