Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Snakes. So far we have seen three this spring. Yesterday, a friend was visiting and as she got in her car she saw a snake beside her. The awful thing kept going under her car and then under my van, back and forth. Finally, my husband killed it. We didn't kill the others we have seen, but this one just wasn't giving in. We are fairly certain it wasn't venomous, but we don't know what type it was. I HATE snakes, so this is not a good part of the backyard habitat that we have been developing. I worked outside a bit yesterday too. The island in the pond is looking good, but one side isn't growing anything. So I planted some coneflower seeds. They were from a conservation event I went to when we lived in TX, so I don't know if they will still grow. Besides the snakes, I have seen rabbits, lots of insects, and lots of birds. I know there are crawfish, and I have also seen toads. So I guess we are doing our part for the environment. I have been reading Romans lately. It is so full of thought-provoking ideas. Today it is the idea that if you are a sinner (not a Christian) you have no resistance to sin. You can't help yourself. It seems that you sin, whether you want to or not. You are a slave to sin. If people could see that they are slaves I think they would change their lives. Who wants to have no control over their own selves?

No comments: