Saturday, June 09, 2007

If I sneezed any harder I would be mistaken for a jet. I woke up at 4:30 with allergy problems and it just keeps going. I get a reprieve now and then, and then I try to get a nap in to energze for the next round of sneezing. The house was so clean on Friday, and now with not feeling well, it looks nearly as badly as it did! How quickly things fall apart around here. I did get a good bit of yard work done yesterday. We were supposed to have a day at the beach, but #2 woke up vomiting, so we stayed home for the day. I guess it was better since I did get a few things done that way. But the lawn mower broke, just as I had a few more swipes around the barn to do. The blades won't engage, so now there is something else to fix. We turned on the air conditioning yesterday. It was supposed to be 100 with the heat index. 5 of the baby rabbits died from the heat. I brought the mother and 3 babies in when we realized, but I think one of those babies is not going to make it. I took them back out for the night and I will bring them in again this afternoon. I feel so badly about it. They were precious little bunnies. Christa had lots of gray ones this time. I just picked a bowl of strawberries this morning. I am still getting a bowl a week I guess. I forget the name of the strawberries, but they are supposed to be everbearing. They will quit soon when the heat gets intense, but this fall they will bear again. The rest of the garden is coming along slowly this summer. We are not getting nearly enough rain.

No comments: