Sunday, June 24, 2007

We have a strange dog. She sleeps on her back spread-eagled with all four paws up in the air. I am sure if she saw a picture of herself she would be mortified. _____ The wedding was vey nice. It was a simple ceremony that involved people in the audience, not just the couple. The guests were to bring a flower and they were all placed in large vases. That was to represent how each of us has had a part in their lives. Many people prayed for them, the groom's father was the minister, both the mother and father of the bride walked her down the aisle. The bride was exuberant and enthusiastic through the whole ceremony. They just seemed so happy and excited to be marrying. My own wedding, of course, was going through my mind. I found out that my husband and I have different memories about what happened. He remembers just trying to stay out of the way of me and my mother. I didn't want any music as I came down the aisle, and she said you can't do that! I ended up coming down to Ruth's Song: Whither thou goest I will go. Your people will be my people...I remember smiling so much that that night my face hurt. The boys seemed to enjoy the wedding. They asked lots of questions: What does a ring bearer do? What is a bride's maid? Why is everyone laughing? (The father of the bride put his hand on the shoulder of the groom and gave a deep sigh.) They both said it was fun. I couldn't help but wonder what their bride's are doing now. I pray that they are being raised to know the Lord Jesus Christ and that they are learning to be loving and kind.

No comments: