Friday, June 22, 2007

We have a successful adoption! A rabbit had babies the other day, her first litter, and she didn't make a nest or try to take care of them. One died before I could get to it, but the other one I wrapped in old fur from Christa and put it in her nest box. She has been nursing it and is doing fine. I don't know how the bigger baby feels about it, but I guess it will get along. There are lots of older and younger siblings in the world. Goldie is sitting on 9 eggs. She went broody late last week, but she didn't get on any eggs. So I tried putting some under her, but other chickens got into her and broke the eggs. Then I tried putting her in the manger to set, but she refused to go there. So finally I made a nice nest in the nesting boxes and she seems to have settled down to it. The eggs will hatch while we are on vacation, but she has always been a good mother. The goat kids are doing well. They are coming out and exploring a bit now. They are about the size of our cats and they like running and playing with them. The grass is so high in the field that the kids bounce to get through it. They are very adorable. ----------- OK, I had a blonde moment last week. Hubby and I went to the movies one afternoon and watched 2 movies. Instead of getting dinner somewhere, we decided to get the refillable popcorn and soda. So while he went to get the next tickets, I went to get refills. The server at the counter told me I had to take my top off. "Excuse me?" "I need you to take your top off." I gave him a very confused look and asked, "My sweater?" Then he handed the cup to my honey and asked him to take the top off. I laughed for a very long time. Someone needs to teach him the word lid.

No comments: