Wednesday, June 20, 2007

YeeHaw and Hallelujah! I finished painting the trim yesterday. Now I have touch up places around the house walls, since it has been 2 1/2 years since they were painted. The worst places are in our bedroom because of some remodeling that was done, and in the kitchen where the kids bang their chairs on the wall. So it looks like my desire to finish the painting this summer will happen. The first summer we lived here I spent trying to get it to be home. I started watching my extra kids, planted a garden, mowed 2 acres with a push mower, kept painting, and looked for friends. Last summer was spent travelling. We went to the Smokies, to WV a couple of times, Virginia to a conference, and then the big trip to PA, NY, and Canada. This summer seems to be stay home and get it done summer. The garden and landscaping are finally taking shape. The house is nearly in order. I feel like I am getting my act together. Guess the curtain will come down soon; it always does when I think I have my act together. --------- We have to get rid of Elvis. He is a great father, protecting his children. But the boys can't get in there to feed, and we all want to play with the babies. So I will be working on a sign for the front yard. I tried the paper, but had no luck. I may end up having to borrow a truck and trailer and take him to the stockyard. I promised the boys the goats would only die of old age or sickness, so I won't be butchering him. I can't promise what someone else will do with him though.

No comments: