Monday, June 04, 2007

It was a good weekend and a bad weekend. The weather was nice for our church Family Fun Fest, and everyone had a great time. It was a bad weekend because I was in a depressed state of mind. I am the boys' Sunday School teacher this summer and yesterday was my first day. They are the only children who attend the class, and it would be so much better if other kids would come. The boys thought friends were coming and they stood looking out the window and running to the window whenever a person walked by. It was sad; I thought #1 was close to tears. I don't know why we have such trouble getting people. I think the church is friendly and open. They are very Bible-based and scripture oriented. I have been praying for 45 children to be a part of our church by August this year. I have been praying that for 2 years. We aren't anywhere near that, and it is frustrating. I look at other kids who have gone through a large youth group, and I don't see the commitment to Christ that I want for my children. I know that my children enjoy going to church, and they like adults and aren't bothered by being part of an adult crowd. They volunteer to read and pray at group gatherings, and they talk to others about Christ. But it still hurts that they are alone. I know that God will do what is best for my boys, but it is hard to remember that when you see them looking for a friend.

No comments: