Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My sweetie and I went out yesterday. A friend had the kids for the afternoon and night, so we went to the movies. We went to the new theater and watched 2 movies. I enjoyed both of them; Ocean's 13 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. We bought the refillable popcorn and drink and had that for our dinner. I like the new place because you can put your own butter on---I like LOTS of butter at the movies. Next date is Thursday evening. I have #2 and his buddy tonight. #1 leaves this morning for sleep-away camp. I started painting trim again yesterday. I really want to get that job finished this summer. We will be here 3 years this fall and I don't want to go into the third year still needing to finish the painting. I have a second coat left on a door and window sill, and 2 half rooms around the house. I don't know why 2 half rooms, but that is how it worked out. I guess it was because I had other people helping to paint. --------- Reading from Ignatius Loyola this week, I was struck by several of his thoughts: Those who go from one mortal sin to another are usually influenced in this way: the enemy proposes certain illusory delights, causing them to imagine sensual pleasures and enjoyments, the more effectively to keep them under the sway of their vicious and sinful course. The good spirit deals with these same people in the opposing way, working on their consciences by reason to induce compunction and remorse. The contrary prevails with those who are making earnest progress in self-purification, rising from good to better in the service of God our Lord. In these cases it is typical of the evil spirit to cause regret and sadness, using fallacious arguments to disturb them and impede their progress. On the other hand, the role of the good spirit is to provide courage and strength, to console and inspire, to move to tears, all in a spirit of peace. Everything is made easy, all obstacles are removed, to enable the soul to continue in virtue.

No comments: