Friday, August 03, 2007

Hubby and I went to see No Reservations yesterday while the boys were at camp. It was a very "wet" movie. It wasn't a sobbing movie, but leaky definitely. Tomorrow I want to try Hairspray. I enjoyed the movie yesterday, but I would like to laugh more than cry. The boys are excited about a co-op we are going to today. Last year I put together a geography co-op for the USA, and #1 thanked me nearly every week for putting it together. That was all the motivation I needed to do it again this year. However, it is going to be a shorter co-op this year. Last year we met for 14 weeks and that was just too long. This year we are meeting just 4 weeks. We are learning about European geography, and this week it is the Mediterranean region. The boys have Italy and Spain. Part of the co-op is to bring a snack food from your country. We are taking cheese stuffed focaccia bread and lavosh- a thin bread covered with sesame seeds. The focaccia looks so good I think I will make some for dinner. The lavosh has to be made this morning. ----------- The Minneapolis bridge collapse is big news right now. It certainly is devastating and shocking. The part that surprised us was the very first idea anyone had was that it might be terrorism. That never occured to us- just a terrible accident. Perhaps I am still naive, or perhaps others are paranoid.

No comments: