Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Last night was my night off. I spend it in different ways every week. Last week I had a great time just staying home and worshipping God. Some weeks I work in the garden, read a magazine, plan school, clean house, and sometimes I go out with friends. Last night I went out to dinner, did some shopping for supplies for school, and then met a friend for dessert and chatter. It was fun to just sit and talk. The conversation is sometimes light, sometimes deep, but always friendly and uplifting. A woman needs other women. ------------ #2 made lasagna for dinner on Monday. He was supposed to make Mexican sandwiches, but changed his mind as he looked through the cookbook for the recipe. He saw the resipe for lasagna and decided he would rather have that. His father's response had me laughing. "You have to shop for the ingredients and plan it out. You can't just change your mind willy nilly about something like that. You act just like your mother, never following the rules!" We had lasagna, had to substitute some of the cheese, but someimes you just have to break the rules!

No comments: