Saturday, August 25, 2007

I feel like a kid going through puberty. The year I turned 36 it all started. I could tell within a month that things were different. Here I am, a year and a half later, still trying to figure out this body. Things don't work like they used to, I am HOT almost all of the time, my hair is changing texture, and things don't fit like they used to. Nobody tells you in high school health class that this will happen again in life. -------- Hubby was reading an interesting thing to me this morning. There is something called a "freegan" now. It is someone who tries very hard to eat organically, live eco-friendly, and does as much for free as possible. This includes raiding dumpsters. The loot they got from a dumpster was amazing, though. There was even toilet paper still in the packaging. Americans' need for fresh and best is nauseating at times. I was driving by a housing development earlier this week and it made me sick to see the huge houses. It must be a nightmare to cool them in this heat, and how many people live in those monstrosities anyway? Someone was telling me this quote from a source in the 1920's: "Why is it that the most people live in the small houses and the fewest people live in the large houses?" Things haven't changed much. -------- We went to the beach yesterday for a few hours. It was a very pleasant day. I like that we live close enough to drive down for a day. My husband likes that we live close enough to go for a few hours and then leave before he is french fried. There were a lot of surfers there yesterday; that was the first we had seen surfers there. We got a couple of skim boards and tried that out. I hurt my back doing that---back to that puberty thing again!

No comments: