Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yesterday we discussed non-renewable resources you find in your home. I had the kids make sculptures of some, and one kid made a clock. He said it was "time" because you can never get time back. I thought that was very clever. The classes seem to have gone well. Today was an exchange for the kids to learn about markets. They couldn't wait when they got there to make their exchanges. Some learned that, just like spinach Poptarts would not be a good idea, you should have brought something somebody would want, to be able to exchange. The producers and consumers rely on each other. Tomorrow starts the "Big Kids" class, grades 3-8. I don't know all of the students so I am hoping it goes well. -------- We are going camping with our 4-H club on Friday evening at the Outer Banks. We plan to see The Lost Colony, an outdoor drama. I'm not sure if hubby is going, so it may be me and the boys. We are also taking 2 other kids whose parents can't go. It is just one night, so it can't be too bad, but August is not usually a great time to camp. There is also a chance of a storm Friday night, so it may be quite exciting.

No comments: