Thursday, August 30, 2007

I have one more day to be a working mom. Tomorrow is our last day camp day. I am tired of having to have the house cleaned up, lessons ready, and animals cared for by 8:15. I have really enjoyed the camps, and I know the boys have had a great time, but my sacrificing is over for a while. On Monday I sent #2 to the mailbox before everyone came. The school bus was coming down the road as he ran to the box. The bus stopped for him. I later found out the driver called out to him, "Which school do you go to?" "I don't go to school," he replied. Oh great, I guess I should be watching for social services now. Last night as I read to the boys before bed, #2 said he had an idea and disappeared under the end table. I didn't pay attention and kept reading. All of a sudden the lights went out and blue light and sparks flew out from under the table. I went over to look, and out crawled #2 breathing hard. "What in the world did you do?" "I thought I would try to make a light under the table so I could see if I missed cleaning up any parts." He had put a copper wire from one of our experiments into the outlet and hooked it onto the little lightbulb that we used. Thank God the wire was insulated and he wasn't hurt. Those 10,000 angels that guard him were working overtime. Maybe I should put him on that schoolbus!

No comments: