Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I am about to rant and rave, so step back. Last week when I was having the day camp here at home I needed to go pick up some kids one day. In order to do that I left a little early, knowing that I would hit traffic when I went past the high school. I was NOT prepared for how much traffic I would encounter! I sat through a traffic light 5 times. Then I had to sit while 3 police officers directed traffic. I came back a different way! The trip would normally take 15 minutes and it took 42 minutes!!! Now I would not rant and rave so much if it were busses that were causing the traffic, but it wasn't. The parents are taking the kids to school and dropping them off. Now do we or do we not pay taxes so that there is a bus system for the public schools? If you aren't going to take advantage of it then I want my tax money back! I rode the bus when I was a kid all the way through high school. Now sometimes my mother did drop me off if I had practice early in the morning, but I would get there before the busses. That was not the case last week. The busses were arriving at the same time as the parents. And how in the world do the teachers get there on time with all of that traffic? I would be so frustrated if I had to pass through that every day. ------------ We were planning on working yesterday until about 11:00 and then going down to the beach. At 10:45 we got a phone call from a friend asking if we wanted to go boating on the river. So we changed plans and headed to the river. The kids had a good time on the tube being pulled behind the boat. We went to a dock and tied up to go find lunch and then went out again and enjoyed swimming in the river. It was a fun day, but of course now my back is making me wince. The waves were a bit rough coming back.

No comments: