Monday, September 17, 2007

I have discovered what to do when the children can't get along: hard labor. A friend said gruel is also helpful. We worked on the yard Friday for several hours, then had school until it was time for the boys to go to 4-H. There they had to help clean up a park as part of their community service. #1 told me on Saturday that that was the best he had slept in a long time. I worked them again on Saturday, and even yesterday I kept them hopping a bit. They have also been asking me to move the van from under the hoop so they can play basketball. I think the cooler weather is helping them want to be outside again. Today we head to the garden to try and recover it from a month of despair. I do have a few things growing, but the passerby would never know. I have some green beans, potatoes, okra gone wild, swiss chard, and eggplant. After the recovery, then we have school. They also have their first art class this afternoon and #2 is supposed to cook dinner. So it looks like another "hard labor" day. I am making Cream of Wheat for breakfast, perhaps that will be called gruel. Better go wake the inmates!

No comments: