Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I took the boys swimming for an hour yesterday afternoon. We went to a friend's house nearby. The sun was so strong that I actually burned while we were out. I can usually go a couple of hours without sunscreen and be fine. It was supposed to be the last of the HOT days so I was trying to take advantage and swim. We leave for the beach in a couple of weeks. We are all looking forward to the beach. My mother is counting down the days until we go. She has been counting for quite a while now. My husband says she needs to retire this year; she agrees. ------ I cleaned out the chicken coop last night. We are supposed to get rain the rest of this week and wet chicken manure really stinks! While I was doing that I clipped the chickens' wings. This morning they were all still in the coop. I have been getting 1 or 2 eggs a day because they hide them so well. I know they are laying more than that because I have found some now and then. So hopefully they will stay in the coop until they lay their eggs and then I will let them out in the afternoon to eat the bugs.

No comments: