Thursday, September 06, 2007

Today I take the boys to register for co-op classes. This is the fifth co-op, I believe, that our support group has sponsored. The boys have taken lots of neat classes, and we all enjoy the fellowship with other homeschoolers. The 4-H provides lunch as a fundraiser, so it becomes a very full day for my family. I have always taught at co-op. In fact, I have often taught all 3 hours of co-op. This semester I am not teaching at all. I know several people are wondering if I am ok or what is up. It is just that I felt that God may not be wanting me to teach this time. I prayed about it and asked Him to let me know by Thursday evening if I was not to teach. I knew that Friday, the deadline, would be too busy to submit my classes, so I planned on submitting Thursday night. Thursday evening I got a phone call to go to the hospital and help a friend in distress. I ended up bringing her two toddlers back here to spend the night, and no way did I have time for co-op stuff that night. As I lay in bed thinking about that, I realized that the hospital incident might be my sign. It certainly wasn't the sign I was looking for, but Jesus certainly wasn't the Messiah that the Pharisees were looking for either. So I decided not to teach. I am a bit sad about it; I love to teach. I did have classes picked out and ready to go, but this just seemed what God was saying to do. So today I will go early to stand in line and register my children for classes. The line can be amazingly long, and you often do not get your first choice of class; that is one other reason I always teach, teacher's kids get first chance at classes. We'll see what God does with this.

No comments: