Monday, September 10, 2007

I went to the doctor this morning and had some bloodwork done. I do not have a sugar problem and my hemoglobin, though low, is ok. I should eat more iron and take a supplement and get lots of rest. I have been sleeping 12 hours a day so I don't see how much more I can rest. If you were to look around the homestead you would think I sleep 24 hours a day! Anyway, there is one more test that they won't have results on until tomorrow, so a little game of waiting is going on now. Recently a friend was questioning when was the last time we took a vacation without our extended family. I was surprised to realize it has been so long ago. We all enjoy our families and like spending time together. I suppose part of the problem is that we live so far from home that vacations are time to visit family. But it isn't that we spend all of the time together. The grandparents keep the kids some so we can go out alone, the grandparents go off by themselves to see a show or something, the men go fishing and the girls shopping...We all kind of do our own thing. It works well for us. In light of that I was thinking about a couple of situations I am aware of right now. The people need to call someone to help and they have no one to call. I just can not imagine being so alone in the world that you have no one to call but a stranger. I have always been a part of a church and so if I had no family or friends around, at least I could call a church member. That is God's idea of a family I suppose.

No comments: