Friday, September 14, 2007

I have joked the last couple of days that I wish the yellow bus stopped at our house. The boys have been at each other's throats lately. They are full of testosterone and competition. The problem, however, is that they can't stand to lose and so end up in tears several times a day. I suppose it is this instance that I would tell my sister-in-law that girls are better. Of course, I think girls end up in tears over things that don't matter- boys, clothes, just because- and I don't think I would like that either. The boys have competitions over who is better at Math, shooting hoops, Latin, memorizing piano pieces, remembering Scripture, turning off the television, etc. I suppose this has some greater good in the future; preparing them for the life of a CEO or future President. But I think I will have them memorize my favorite verse: Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you to, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. 1 Thes 4:11 ------------ I let Kelly out this morning and the air had the smell of autumn. It is a little cool out, not chilly, but I think I will go out and have some hot chocolate on the porch. Sorry to those in the North who read this.

No comments: