Thursday, September 13, 2007

My eyes were dilated today. The boys loved it; no school. I couldn't see to read anything, not even the place to sign my name on the payment! #1 asked if we can have eyes dilated every day! He and I both had check ups. His Rx changed a very little bit, not enough to mess with, and mine stayed the same. Good news there. -------- I am done milking Millie. This was the last morning for it. I put Milky Way in the coop yesterday at 5:00 and Millie still didn't have enough milk to mess with at 8:00 this morning. It is the strangest thing that she tried to wean the girl, but never the boys. I have no idea when Darkie is due. She is getting bigger, but there isn't any milk sack yet. She may not have gotten prego until we got rid of Elvis. I will wait to see what kind of milker she is and then decide what to do about the goats. Right now they are a liability. The chickens only gave me 2 eggs yesterday and they stayed in the coop the whole time. They are becoming a liability too! I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that it scared them out of producing when I clipped their wings, but they better pick up soon! Better start sharpening that axe. ------------ I have a nephew on the way! Hubby's s-i-l is having a boy after 2 girls. She is a bit nervous about it, not knowing anything about boys, but I assured her that is silly. Boys are no trouble at all, except when they stick copper wire into outlets, hang themselves by a rope from a tree, throw rocks at each other for a war, jump off the roof, etc. She said that's no different than a girl, they just wear a dress while doing it! So see, she should be fine.

No comments: